Manhattan and I just celebrated our two year anniversary! I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious… My love affair started two years ago, the minute I stepped off that plane. Over the course of our courtship, there’s been good times and bad, and yet each day I fall more and more in love with this city.
To celebrate this 24-month relationship milestone, I put together 24 Reasons I Love New York City.
- The energy of this city is palpable, and never turns off.
- Anything you could ever want, is probably within a 15 block radius of where you’re standing.
- You will never run out of new restaurants to try.
- You will never run out of new bars to try either.
- The shopping is just, well, the best.
- You can walk anywhere.
- We have the best skyline in the country.
- We also have the best rooftop bars to view that skyline.
- Our bagels are better than yours.
- Everything can be delivered. Food, groceries, booze, you name it.
- This city can be a grind, and it’ll challenge you every day, but you’re better and stronger for it.
- That butterfly feeling you get when you see the island of Manhattan out your plane window after time away.
- Central Park.
- The opportunities to follow your dreams are endless.
- No matter the hour, you are never alone.
- It’s not just a concrete jungle – we’ve got rivers, the ocean, parks, reservoirs, and more.
- The euphoric feeling of sprinting into the subway car right as its doors close behind you.
- Celebrity sightings are common place – because they all live here.
- How this city pushes you out of your comfort zone.
- Manicures cost $10.
- Jaywalking is not only socially acceptable, it’s a lifestyle.
- Thanks to cheap taxis, 24-hour transit, and Uber, drinking and driving will never be a thing.
- Everyone wants to visit you.
- If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. But let’s be honest, you’re not leaving…
Dear New York,
The last two years have been nothing short of amazing. You’ve challenged me, made me a stronger person, and continually pushed me out of my comfort zone. You’ve made me laugh, cry, scream, and even throw things, but overall, you’ve taught me to live fuller and love deeper. Here’s to many more years and many more reasons to love you.