I firmly believe — with every fiber of my being — that there is no better place than Manhattan in the early summer. Okay, so I say this every season … maybe there’s just no better place than Manhattan, period. Yeah, that is also probably true. Anyway … those first few weekends of summer are the best. Whether you’re picnicking in the park, ferrying over to Smorgasborg, partying it up at Gov Ball, or just eating froyo on your stoop … the thought of NYC summer weekends is enough to motivate you through a long work week.
For me, this weekend was spent browsing more neighborhoods and scoping out more apartments. We’re getting close … I don’t want to jinx it … so keep your fingers crossed!
S H O P
- Ann Taylor :: 30% off summer favorites :: love this lace shift dress
- Banana Republic :: 40% off with code ‘BRSUMMER’ :: adore this cobalt fit and flare dress
- JCrew :: 30% off online with code ‘SHOPNOW’ :: I need these chevron shorts
- LOFT :: 50% off summer favorites :: obsessed with this romper
- Lord & Taylor :: friends and family :: 25% off with code ‘FRIENDS’ :: how fab are these sandals?
S W O O N
- Trend Alert :: Pineapple is fashion’s produce print of the summer, and I’m loving it
- Psst! That adorable picnic basket + blanket up at the top? You can get both at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- I don’t know about you, but my picnics turn into lay-out session, so next time I’m for sure packing this brightly colored swim suit.
- Oh, and I like to blare my music (and sing loudly along, and sometimes off key…whoops!), but if you want to keep the party to yourself, how sweet are these FRENDS headphones? I want.
- Poll :: Am I cool enough for these sunnies? I wore my friend’s once here. Yay or nay?
S U R F
- This is why my apartment hunt is so tough … check out the average rent for each NYC neighborhood (!!!) … and then cry with me.
- Bookmark :: 20 creative (and artistic) ways to organize your jewelry. Since my apartment is small, and my jewelry collection is large, I’m feverishly taking notes.
- Attention New Yorkers :: here’s a rundown of the best thing at every stand at Smorgasborg. See you there next weekend?
- National Doughnut Day should really be a month. A month where I try each and every one of these 30 doughnut recipes.
Hope you all had a great weekend!