After 3 weeks and 30+ apartments, we finally found our new home! And are moving to Battery Park City :-)
Top: J.Crew | Shorts: Gap (similar) | Hat: street vendor (love this) | Sandals: Aldo (similar) | Bag: Adora c/o | Sunnies: Coach | Watch: Kate Spade | Ring: Wren & Glory c/o
Here are a few things that I’m excited about:
- Central Air. Because our worthless AC unit currently only manages to cool the bedroom.
- Dishwasher. Because hand-washing all our dishes and having no counter space to lay them out to dry is the worst.
- Walk-in Closet. Because, well duh.
- More space. Because in New York, an extra 80 sq. feet feels moving into a mansion.
- A real kitchen. Because right now we have approximately 8 inches of counter space.
- Water views. Because Battery Park City is right on the Hudson River, and our new apartment has gorgeous waterfront views out every window!
We’re officially moving in two weeks, and I plan to dive right into to the decorating! You’ll be able to see the progress on snapchat (@nyc_loveaffair), so be sure you’re following!
Now a quick note on the outfit:
Although you’ll often catch me wearing lots of dresses and skirts on the blog, the tank top + shorts look still has a strong foothold on my summer weekend wardrobe routine. So when I’m shopping and come across pieces that I like — I tend to buy them in every color. It’s a great investment in your summer arsenal. Especially because you already know the fit and style work for you.
And when you’re focused on something like apartment hunting or buying new furniture, the last thing you want to be worried about is what you’re wearing — but you still want to be looking like you care.
Make it easy. Buy staples you love, and wear them. Don’t worry about anything else! Our lives are hard enough, make it easy on yourself.
PS – It’s time for the “On Wednesdays We Wear” Link-Up! Go make some new friends below!! I’ve also linked up with Because Shanna Said So.