Summer in Manhattan means sweltering temperatures with very little relief. When I’m not scooting out of the city for a quick weekend getaway, you can bet I’m hunting for somewhere with a little AC. Which means my weekends are spent brunching, shopping … or both. (Confession: when I’m walking around the city, I walk close to the storefronts so I feel the blast of AC as I walk by the open door.) Today’s brunch situation was at Back Forty West, with the lovely Alexandra Dieck of Lexicon of Style. What were you up to this weekend?
S H O P
Since its the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, all of today’s ‘shop links’ are dedicated to the greatest sale of the year!
- Look no further: here’s the perfect red strappy sandal.
- Also, I think I died and went to jumpsuit heaven.
- Definitely in love with this pink Rebecca Minkoff clutch (it comes in black too).
- Adore this LBD with it’s scalloped edges. Perfect for the office.
- I wish these flats were the real Valentino’s, but they’re not a bad (affordable!) alternative.
S W O O N
- Trend Alert :: sleeveless blazers are a must-have this season.
- Seen on ANYLA :: my favorite Desigual jumpsuit is currently on sale!
- Seriously swooning over this floral romper too.
- Did I mention I’m in “interior design mode” at my new apartment? And I’m obsessing over this bar cart.
- While we’re at it, I also want this pillow and this bench.
S U R F
- Must Read :: 7 ways your outfit might ruin a first impression.
- ‘Go Here, Not There’ … 10 underrated European cities to include on your next vacation.
- Great advice on what to wear on a first (or any!) date.
- 5 Taco Tuesday recipes you’ve got to try.
- In honor of National Ice Cream Day, here are all the places you can celebrate with free ice cream!
C I T Y
- The NYC Bucket List :: 41 things to do before you die.
- Every waterfront bar in New York City — bar crawl anyone?
- The 16 best day trips from Manhattan.
- Guess how many houses you can buy Memphis for the same price as 1 SoHo apartment…