Does anyone else feel like their style represents two sides of a coin? I find that I am constantly flipping between heads & tails — edgy and girly. It’s kind of a fun exercise, tapping into different aspects of my personality on a given day. Who do I want New York to see today?
Sleeveless blazer: Topshop | Shirt: GAP | Denim: Paige | Bag: Prada | Sunnies: Ditto c/o | Shoes: French Connection | Watch: Daniel Wellington
I would say my two style tendencies mostly correlate with the weather. On colder, or even just crisp cool days, I find myself gravitating toward an edgier ‘me’ — blacks and greys, maybe a little white, mixed with more blacks and greys. Channeling my inner ‘Soho’ with the best of them.
When I wake up on the edgy side of the bed, there are a few key pieces that make up my wardrobe’s starting point:
- Sleeveless blazer — one of the best layering pieces you can own. It instantly adds dimension to your look, without weighing you down.
- Distressed black denim — a key variable in mastering the ‘sophisticated grunge’ look. They can easily be dressed down or dressed up for your desired look.
- Lace-up oxfords — an effortlessly cool way to give-off an edgy, menswear-inspired vibe. And newsflash: they’re so much more comfortable than heels. (psst – these are on sale!)
- Sunglasses — as they say, “the sun never sets on a badass”, so a killer pair of sunnies is key for completing your look.
- Leather jacket — the most crucial investment piece of all. Leather jackets are timeless and cool, holding the power to transform any outfit.
Warms days are when you’ll start to see color in my wardrobe, as my girly side comes out (hopefully accompanied by a sun-kissed tan!). But today, it’s all about an edgier me!
If you’re looking to add some of these staples to your wardrobe, shop some of my favorite picks below! I’ve linked to several different price points for each.
What side of the bed are you going to wake up on tomorrow?